and Mailing Lists
Search Mackichan Web
SWP & SW
How to display more heading levels in the Navigate toolbar
Version: 3.x, 4.x, 5.x - Scientific WorkPlace, Scientific Word, Scientific Notebook
The .cst file for your document determines how many levels of headings are
displayed in the Navigate bar in SWP, SW, and SNB. You can increase or
decrease the number of heading levels displayed by changing the .cst file.
In Version 4.0 and later
Version 4.0 of the program has a direct interface to the .cst file from the
Tag/Appearance dialog. To change the number of
heading levels displayed:
- From the Tag menu, choose
- Select Modify Style Defaults.
- In the Tag Properties area, choose
Global Properties and then choose
- In the area labeled Maximum Heading Level to display in
Navigate Toolbar, enter the number of heading levels you want to
display and choose OK.
- Choose Save to save the setting permanently with
the .cst file.
- Choose OK.
In Version 3.x
Version 3.x of the program doesn't have a direct interface to the .cst file,
but you can change the number of heading levels displayed by using an
ASCII editor to change the .cst file:
- Open your document in SWP, SW, or SNB.
- From the File menu, choose
- Note the name of the .cst file being used and then choose
- Using an ASCII editor, open the .cst file.
- Find the section of the file labeled [Defaults].
- Within that section, find a line similar to this one:
- Increase or decrease the number to show more or fewer heading levels.
- Save and close the file.
Last revised 02/28/06
This document was created with Scientific WorkPlace.